Prof. Janis Adds Comment in Support of PTAB Claim Construction Change
Professor Janis and other professors of law and economics submitted a group comment to the proposed “Changes to the Claim Construction Standard for Interpreting Claims in Trial Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.” The comment supports the proposed rule to align PTAB claim construction with the approach set forth in Phillips v. AWH Corp., rather than continuing to use the broadest reasonable interpretation.
- Chris Cotropia, Richmond School of Law
- Dennis Crouch, University of Missouri School of Law
- Stuart Graham, Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business
- Mark Janis, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Jay Kesan, Illinois College of Law
- Mark Lemley, Stanford Law School
- Adam Mossoff, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School
- Arti Rai, Duke University School of Law
- Ted Sichelman, University of San Diego School of Law
- Saurabh Vishnubhakat, Texas A&M University School of Law
Read the full comment HERE.